View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 16:12   Link #2247
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I heard for some popular manga series the magazine will tell the writer to keep writing even when he wants to stop and do a new story... that may be the case with One Piece, but I have no proof, just throwing out a possibility. One Piece is by far the King of Shonen Jump right now, so it is very possible for it to be true.
Can they actually force them to write? Doesn't seem something a law would allow, it almost sounds like slavery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Oda has mentioned having other plans at least... And he has also mentioned that he had the end of One Piece planned out from the get-go... Only he also apparently misjudged how long it would take for him to get there in a truly spectacular fashion, seeing as how not only did he intend for the entire series to last for five years, but he also apparently at one point intended for the Skypiea-arc (which ended at around volume 32 of the manga, so, oh, around chapter 350 or so? In the anime it was around episode 200, anyway) to be the halfway-point. As things stand now... I cannot possibly imagine the story ending any time in the next five years.
Well I'm only at episode 18 so duno though at this point it feels like if series could finish in about 20-40 episodes

Still need to see how exactly Oda managed to expend the thing.