View Single Post
Old 2007-02-08, 19:11   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Rewatching this episode again, and I noticed something...
When Todou sliced that cockpit, he used the sandanzuki (triple thrust) technique. He even says the name of the technique aloud.

That's a sword technique used by the famed Shinsen-gumi first platoon leader Souji Okita, during the bakumatsu era in Japan.
This technique was a unique move by Okita, and was never copied by any other swordsman since his demise, so the details on how to do the technique is lost.
It's interesting to see Todou somehow knowing how to do this techinique.
Hmm, when first watching the episode - i knew i recognised 'sandanzuki ' from somewhere, and here we have someone clearing it up for me.

Its not all that surprising really. Todou has that style of appearance going for him that matches this style of technique - i wouldn't be shocked at all if we see anything else like this down the line. Maybe its asking a bit to much, though a bit of backstory for Todou would be nice. Its not really needed (he's not that much of a main character), but with moves like this appearing, and his past with Suzaku - it wouldn't hurt to see some of the routes for this man.

Oh yeah - EYEBROWS OF DOOM! <3