View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 14:35   Link #4031
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agree that I didn't care for the Cana scenes and hope this leads her to falling back into the background...or getting kicked out of the guild. I mean seriously this is the reason they give so people will accept Cana's stupidity this arc? I was seriously hoping for something better than this. She just set S Class as a goal on her own. Almost think she wanted to use it as an excuse for never telling Gildarts she's his daughter. Yeah, betraying your guild is totally a good way to get in good with your dad....

Plus the line, "Where are you Master?" was just too much. Maybe he's out fighting the strongest Dark Guild in the world Cana!

This is probably the weakest Fairy Tail backstory we've gotten so far. "I couldn't tell my dad I'm his daughter." Could appreciate the difficult position of being the child of someone powerful, but we already hit that kind of thing with Laxus anyways. He gets kicked out for his stunt...Cana gets a super powerful magic . Of course unlike the time Lucy got that super powerful magic inserted into her head, Cana doesn't have the ability to make use of it. I get that Cana's been through a lot, but doesn't mean I enjoyed the series attempting to redeem her or think she deserves credit for doing what she should have been from the very start.

Still some positives from the episode. Should get one badass episode from Gildarts since he's pissed. Makarov is down and everyone is in a rough state. He's actually a proper Fairy Tail mage in that he's downright pissed right now.

Mavis being a woman was an interesting surprise. Give her credit in that she created a strong guild and tried to pick the right person to lead it going forward. Despite the guy going bad after leaving, it does appear she picked well since it lead to Makarov being groomed into a guy who could lead it to this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Meaning you're skipping the best episode of the series.
If this was the best episode I would have dropped Fairy Tail long ago .