View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 15:08   Link #4889
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I've never buy a single anime figure before but plan to do so to in the future. Just curious, which company in your opinion create the best anime figurines? Bandai? Banpresto? What's the pros and cons for each figures created by different company? Need advice.
What's your price range? The more expensive the figure, the better the quality usually.

For the very best figures, ignoring price and subject matter, I would say Alter. They still sculpt their works completely by hand iirc. Lately Good Smile Company or one of its umbrella companies will put out something to rival Alter, and as of late GSC and Friends have been making really huge, extravagant figurines. The Big 3 in figure making in Japan are probably Alter, GSC and Max Factory (owned by GSC). There are some even better companies, but they release really rarely. And of course this is an opinion, I would need to know more about what you want to help you better.

Banpresto usually creates prize and trading figures I believe. Pretty low on the ladder for all figurines, but for trading figures, they are one of the best. Their figures usually look like they are worth much more than their prices, but since they're trading quality they'll have a goof or two somewhere. To answer your question, no, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Banpresto makes the best figurines. Not even close to close

Bandai's figures are higher on the ladder than Banpresto, and they look really nice. But still are absolutely not the best figure makers. Not even in the same class as the best companies.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-20 at 15:19.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote