View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 06:56   Link #2207
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Okay... I'm using my paypal account to pay for an item for my friend, so i'm making sure the amount is correct so the seller don't bit** about it being incorrect.

The total yen amount is 10485 yen and according to Paypal, with their conversion, it's $110.27 US (if you don't believe me, please try it yourself).

Is paypal over charging me? Or their conversion is incorrect?

According to http://www.unitconversion.org/ The conversion is $91.25. (with caculation, this site seems old, the conversion is 114 yen per dollar, which according to other sites, this crap is outdated...)

According to Google - 10 485 Japanese yen = 107.1567 U.S. dollars

According to Yahoo Finance its - 97.27 yen per dollar.

So paypal's conversion is incorrect? Or was there some hidden charges in there that I might have overlooked? But this is simply a money transfer, so I shouldn't be charged that...

Thanks, Aoie.
Paypal is a bank since ... I don't know ... they charge a little fee of 2,75% or something like that which could be, with the right dayly exchange rate, your 110.27 US Dollar.
I used a currency calculator from a german site and their exchange rate is currently 1 JPY (Yen) = 0,01028 USD (United States Dollar) and if you add 2,75% you'll get near your price.
And with the right exchangerate you will get exactly your price I guess.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote