Thread: Licensed Aoi Hana (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-04, 19:20   Link #123
einhorn303

Really loving the first episode. It has such a gentle, nostalgic feeling. The direction rather reminds me of Koi Kaze's style, but with a higher budget.

I wonder about the nun at Achan's school. Is it really a Catholic school? I always figured that the sorts of schools in Marimite, etc were Christian in name and style only, and had no actual trace of theological teaching or religion. It would add more possible dramatic material if it was, at least.

I think it's interesting how it plays with a lot of classical moe dynamics...the border between Fumi's cool appearance but shy interior, childhood friends, etc...but because it presents it in a far more "classy" non-pandering manner, the sort of people who would usually disparage moe shows won't likely disparage this. Like, there are two shows this season which feature little girls randomly peeing themselves, but one will be popular on ANN and the other one won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchasar View Post
So, who's fansubbing this dealie?
CrunchyRoll is airing a legal simulcast of the show (http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Aoihana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Some groups are apparently going ahead with fansubbing this so I guess CR isn't planning on asking them to stop.
Or are, and the groups are ignoring them.

When Strike Witches was airing, BOST TV contacted a number of "fansub" groups releasing pirated versions of the show and asked them to stop, yet they still continued to.

Last edited by einhorn303; 2009-07-04 at 19:32.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote