View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 12:04   Link #21702
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Maybe you should stop assuming things about people. I'm not sure where you got onto this latest kick of attacking me personally. Yeah, I'm being really harsh on Ryukishi. Yeah, I'm accusing him of lying. Because, as it turns out, I am of the opinion that things he has said do not match things he has done, and consequently I think that he has lied about some things.

Why exactly you feel the need to leap to his defense and become personally upset by my accusations is baffling. Why you further feel inclined to mischaracterize people's motives and arguments I further do not entirely grasp. musouka's point is "You think things weren't done well; I agree on some points and disagree heavily on others and think those parts were done well." That's a perfectly rational argument, in spite of the saber rattling between us. My personal belief is to the contrary, and I even go so far at times as to claim one shouldn't be satisfied, but he's free to stand there and say "Yeah well, I still think it was fine, and I don't think it's necessary to judge this particular thing by that particular standard, since I don't believe it applies here." That's just a difference of opinion.

I won't accept condescending appeals to "calm down" from people who don't even know me. I just argue rather aggressively. As far as I can tell, no one here is breaking any rules. Aggressive and contentious clashes of interpretations are certainly to be expected, as this isn't a "reviews" thread but an "interpretations and overall opinions" thread. We can disagree. But I don't appreciate backhanded appeals to be silent. If you don't appreciate that there can be negative interpretations or highly critical - perhaps even excessive - standards applied to a finished work, then I don't know what to tell you. Make the argument that one can't be critical of one aspect or another for some reason.

Also, I can't "win" here because I have nothing to gain here. I don't get a prize ribbon if everyone agrees with me, as far as I know.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote