View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 09:19   Link #979
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
An example of using technique over power for getting around defenses? (Particularly shape?)
Ah, that would fall under option 2 then

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Erm, I hope shape matters a bit at least - I wouldn't like to see things being cut by blunt objects or a person pierced through the chest by an energy blade taking mostly magical damage (well, they can make blades explode on contact instead of piercing so that wouldn't look lame, but the concept of form not going along with effect just isn't appealing to me). The moment I'll hear Graf Eisen doing magical damage with its gigantic hammer form I'll be sure that whoever writes the story has no sense of logic (damn, I can imagine it - *SLAM!* - huge explosion and a crater in the ground with the opponent unconscious in its center - he/she suffered only magical damage at least with beams it looks more or less sane).
Think about it.

Why would anyone create an energy sword, a spell that is obvious used for melee combat, that is completely (being the keyword) harmless physically

I said it was possible, I didn't say they were stupid enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Actually, having both attributes at their best would be most ideal. And it could always vary by the person. Given this, one would wonder on how broken Chrono must have been during the two earlier seasons if he had Nanoha-level raw magic strength. One could say that he wouldn't be as skillful now, but I doubt Graham and the Lieze twins would have developed him any less. And I also eagerly anticipate the "Limiter release!" scenario.
People adapt because there's a need to

As my mother now nags at me ,

(This is a direct translation from chinese )

"If the 'mountain' doesn't change, your 'path' must change. If your 'path' doesn't change, you must change..."