View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 16:22   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Maybe you could elaborate? Because with the time constraint, I sure can't think of any way they could do that.
Do it off-camera (in a separate fight that's briefly alluded to) and have it come up in a brief flashback if you have to (i.e. if time constraints are that big of an issue). Think of how StrikerS handled Vita's flashback of Nanoha getting brutalized by one of Jail's bots.

Yes, this isn't ideal either, but it's better than ruining one of Fate's coolest scenes, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Besides, Fate was a horribly ineffectual rescuer in A's as well.
No she's not. Fate was very effective in saving Nanoha in A's. Vita would have clearly wiped Nanoha out completely if not for Fate. Besides, the whole timing and execution of Fate's rescue was just awesome. It really made Fate look cool.

Fate (and a couple allies, IIRC) then proceeded to do an excellent job of keeping the Wolkenritter at bay. Nanoha got drained by Shamal because she didn't lay low and take time to properly heal. Not that I fault Nanoha's courage and desire to help her friends, but you can't fault Fate for that either. Fate did her part.

But it sounds like in this movie, Fate really is like Groundskeeper Willie from that Simpsons scene that Kaijo linked to.

And honestly, that's just lame, in my opinion.