Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-15, 13:50   Link #2109
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
He went all out for Honya... one time. ( 10 last chapter or so, I don't remember well were it was.)
Which he also did for Ako, and just recently did for Asuna. No matter which way you swing, Negi going all out isn't really an argument to his eventual pairing. It's just Negi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
But, I think, for Negi to have feelings for a girl, he must grow up. Maybe 3-4 years later. ( I really hope that the author don't make a time jump on the last chapters of Negima, I really hate -big time jump) So the only one now for him is Anya his childhood friend.
Note also that he speak only to Anya casually ( This was noted when Anya show up before the trip to Wales, by Incho. ) .
Hmm, in my opinion I don't really think Anya will win the race. She was introduced far too late into the story. Yes yes, I know we've seen her earlier, but only for a few panels, it wasn't untill recently that she was actually introduced into the main cast. I see Nodoka and Yue as far more potentional winners, especially since we already actually know their feelings on the subject instead of having to guess.

However, in their case the whole 'close friends love-triangle' might actually work against them. In Holland we have a saying "If two dogs are fighting over one bone, the third one will run of with it."

But yes, you're right, Negi does speak casually towards Anya. I wouldn't expect anything less from childhood friends. That'd be awkward.

It's what makes Childhood Friends such dangerous romance participants.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote