View Single Post
Old 2009-02-06, 21:16   Link #83
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Well, I'll probably get flamed for this, but imho, what an utterly boring episode. I was waiting for something important to happen the whole time, and it just... never came. Possibly because I'm not too fond of kids myself, but geez KyoAni, for those of us who aren't content with sitting around for scenes like Nagato reading a book or Tomoya wandering around aimlessly, at least throw something in. I thought the beginning of the episode, with Tomoya being melancholic was fine, because I was expecting that, but I really did not care that Tomoya fixed up Ushio's turtle and then it breaking again later. In all honesty, I didn't give a shit. And whether or not most of you can go on about the little minor details that make this show so lovable, etc. etc. etc, I'd disagree completely. It seemed that Clannad went from slice-of-life to slice of a very mundane sleep festival; I was thoroughly disappointed that this episode followed last week's tear-jerker. Just... this whole episode has left me feeling very irritated, and this is something I've wanted to say since after story started: I haven't been able to enjoy after story because I spend much of the episodes being irritated at something. In the previous episodes, it was the lack of romance. But now, it's just the lack of... eventful scenes. Imho, this has been the worst episode this season.

Now then, I'll sit back and watch as flame and hatred is poured down on me. But I'll say one thing; I think that people have a problem criticizing their favourite series. Just because I have a low opinion of an episode, people instantly translate that to Nagisa and Clannad hatred, but that's not the case. If I hated the series, I wouldn't watch it every week, but that doesn't take away my ability to coherently judge an episode based on my standards. Hell, I'm still going to get hate, but an opinion's an opinion, right?
to be honest i didn't liked "after story" as much etheir especially the few episode centered around tomoya-nagisa because of the latter;tough i know it's a rule in anime the protagonist will end with the most boring and uninteresting girl,i never understood why she was so popular with the fan.Be it her seiyu voice(too childish and trying too hard to look cute)or her total lack of attractivness,Nagisa was never really a woman,so i'm relieved than she's out now(didn't shead a tear for her death)maybe will i be able to enjoy the show again.