View Single Post
Old 2009-12-28, 12:51   Link #1007
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Where did you hear about the game anyway? I remember finding out about it when I was randomly looking on Wikipedia, and it sounded interesting, so I looked into it for a few months before I bought it (fortunately, I forgot most spoilers I might have learned, though I still remembered one or two when playing it.)

EDIT: BTW, I've just noticed this board has hit 1,000 posts!
Back when I started playing, visual novels hadn't really taken off like they have today, so I only heard inklings about it. Buying Ever17 was almost a complete impulse purchase, as again, Hirameki was going bankrupt and they were having a sale, and I couldn't resist the cute pink-haired girl on the cover. I had no idea I'd grow so attached to the game. >_>

I'd heard no spoilers, and as this was my first full visual novel at the time, it was a fairly new experience. I did pick up on some things, like

Spoiler:

Also, w00t, 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Huh, didn't know KID made anything else besides the Infinity series. Was Memories Off similar to the Infinity series or did KID do something completely different with it?
It's a dating-sim series. It has a few OVAs attached to it that I still need to get around to watching... I've only seen the first episode of the first series, which was sweet, albeit fairly generic... Similar to the earlier visual novels of the genre, you could probably note some similarities to games like ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~, perhaps... I don't think it quite matches up to even earlier dating sims, like Tokimeki Memorial or To Heart, but it has a similar feel.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote