View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 16:15   Link #7
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
I just watched the trailer and thought that the voice acting pretty horrid actually. Haruka's voice sounds too cutesy, and while I guess that fits her character, it just doesn't sound good in English. Also, she needs to sound a little more insecure and unsure of herself, I think. Takayuki's voice is so bland and emotionless. It's completely void of the feeling that scene is supposed to emphasize. He doesn't sound like someone who's in love. He sounds like a automaton reciting a script.

But whatever. I'm gonna buy the DVDs but I'll most likely never watch the dub. I just feel like it's such a detriment to take such an excellent series and ruin people's perception of it with an awful dub.
But that's the thing, it's not an awful dub, nowhere near it thus far. FUNi has done some good things in recent years with their dubs and considering the cast of VAs being put on this, it doesn't look like they're going to skimp on this series either.

Sure, dubs aren't for everyone, and there are some who would turn any dub away in their quest for some supposed perfection, however this is not the place for it.

Takayuki's voice is pretty similar to that of the seiyuu used in the Japanese version, as he was pretty stoic and almost automated in the original, however we haven't seen nowhere near enough to gauge how the series as a whole is going to be.

Haruka's voice is pretty close to that of the original as well, considering the nature of Haruka's character, it would be plausiable for them to pick someone with a high pitch and innocent feel to it.