Old 2008-08-27, 23:05   Link #712
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dying. No big deal. FFS. You can't be serious with this shit. What the hell are Ranka's "heavy burdens"? A past she doesn't remember? Her singing? She doesn't even seem to acknowledge her own power. There is no more heavy a burden for a human then knowing you are dying. All you are saying Ranka knows nothing about. Theoretically Ranka could have it tough, but as shown so far she just does not.

Ranka is weak and pathetic because she acts weak and pathetic. Not because she doesn't act like Sheryl.
I think you must have misunderstood me here. Sheryl didn't have to contend with doing anything wrong to the entire Macross Frontier fleet because of her past. Ranka is just starting to realize what her past could do to her friends, that she could kill them. Sheryl actually has a lot of things going good for her than Ranka because she's such a strong person she's made out to be from the get go. Seriously, you have amnesia, and then when you gain your memories, you find out that you're some kind of super weapon developed and harnessed to get those nightmares of your childhood to kill everyone around you. oh wow, that doesn't seem so bad now isn't it? I'd rather die than get the entire universe killed for what I am. If it means I am to harm innocent people, thousands or millions or billions of them, then I would rather die. It's more of a moral problem that you become a murderer because of your past or whatever you are that is deemed dangerous to the entire human race, a past you can't recall and when you did you probably can't stop it or something. When you get killed off for being so, you get burdened with killing all those innocent people for what you are, and that's somehow worse. Probably dying isn't enough for you to be absolved of all your sins.

I am not saying dying is not as bad as that. It IS bad, but at least Sheryl is not going to be part of the bigger problem in the survival of Frontier. Ranka is; she's threatening the survival of the entire human race or even that of the universe or whatever Kawamori wants her to end up as in. Sheryl is trying to make herself useful until she draws her last breath; she's not burdened with the thought that with whatever she's planning to do with her life now, she can harm Frontier, she can kill anyone. Ranka? If she knew what she was for entirely, probably she'll snap and get all her thoughts in a muddle and probably become the bad Vajra Queen we've all been waiting for.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!