Thread: Licensed Kami-sama Hajimemashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 06:39   Link #344
kuromitsu

I just watched ep 13 and as someone who hasn't read the manga, my only complaint is that there wasn't enough Kurama, but ah, I guess there's no helping that... (this is what happens when you fall for a side character ;_; ) What we had of him was awesome so I have to be content with that. Also, this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

AAAWWWWWW.

Aside of the lack of my favorite character, this was one of the best conclusions I've seen for a show of this kind, where the anime has to stop but the manga obviously goes on and on. Yes, it was predictable but that wasn't the point, really, it was how everything smoothed out very elegantly, congrats to the writer and the director. And again, I loved how they kept the not-very-serious tone, defusing emotional scenes before they could've gotten out of hand. (Case in point: Tomoe getting smacked away after his heartfelt confession. And then Mizuki. xD) Nanami's dance against the spider was really pretty, I suppose this is where their budget went? XD;; The appearances by side characters in the end was a nice touch (even the One-Eyed Dragon King came, but without his wife... xD), we had some fanservice for manga readers (to me it was "KYAAA SUWABE JUNICHI, KYAAAAAAAAAA!.....wait, Suwabe again? ...Oh."), and the romance subplot ended with a long kiss.

All in all, this was a delightful series and I'm very happy to have followed it. Before the first episode I had my doubts about it, because while Nanami is cute I'm not really into Tomoe type male characters, and they're so obviously meant to be that I thought I wouldn't really care about a romance between them. (And I'm still not invested in it enough to read the manga... except the parts that have Kurama. ) But the great comedic timing, Nanami's adorable pluckiness, the side characters, and the great seiyuu made this into a very enjoyable anime.

I'm kind of torn whether I want a second season or not - the main romance is pretty much done and confirmed and sealed with a kiss, so there's no point in dragging it out for another 13 episodes (especially with the love "rival" being dead), the plot the Suwabe character hints at is kind of interesting but is potentially too dark and angsty which is not what I'm looking for in this show... but I'd love to see more of the side characters.

Now where's that soundtrack with the two Kurama songs?!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote