View Single Post
Old 2010-04-17, 00:14   Link #96
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Cake View Post
Hey quigonkenny you shouldn't talk about manga chapters without using spoiler tags. There are many anime-only watchers following this topic.
Gomen, gomen... Forgot which thread I was in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I just wanted to point out that manipulating the flames like Roy does for combat might be the hard part - and not so much producing them in the first place.To manipulate air might be harder than the ground, but considering Ed being able to even use his own soul when he has a hole in his body, it's hard to believe that he isn't able to alter oxygen (and ignite it with a match ). Thus creating flames, but with no control over it whatsover, since he lacks the research and practice.
I never said that Ed or Al wouldn't be able to do what Mustang does, and in fact he probably can. But that's not the kind of thing you even want to try the first time without some instructions to go by or an experienced guide. I imagine the popular theory explaining the scars on Riza's back is that it was to hide the secret to Flame Alchemy from being passed on. But it could also be a leftover from one or two of his less fortuitous training sessions, and might explain why he only uses a much simpler version of the array...

Besides, when has Ed had the time to even try to practice such a thing?

BTW, zebra, please edit your previous post to remove my manga spoiler from the quote.