View Single Post
Old 2010-09-10, 19:31   Link #157
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Sorry, Hebi, you are half in the wrong here. There is nothing "honorable" about watching the OP/ED of a fansub. You're sill getting it for free, so it makes no difference. Also, it takes a total of (and I am not joking on this) 1 minute MAX to make chapters for an .mkv. I'm not talking about ordered chapters, because those are a BITCH to make properly. But, if you can't be bothered to make .mkv chapters in one minute, you ARE lazy, which is ironic considering how much more time everything else takes.

Ichihara Asako, you're the other half of wrong. What you said is your preference, and your preference alone. You can't say that not doing it your way is a mistake just as I can't say that my friend can't cook because he doesn't add Vegeta (condiments) on this chicken. Also, your idea of cutting off the OP and ED during the .avi days was indeed stupid and you deserved all the rage you got. Most people want the OP/ED in the episode even if they do skip it.
My point about the honorable thing to do was quite basic. As long as you're getting it for free the least you could do is watch the whole thing. And don't complain when someone doesn't make something the way you want it. We don't want to hear it in this thread. The old adage comes into play - "Do it yourself."

But soft subs sometimes don't like chapters and the timing gets messed up. And from what I gather from Asako(I can't be bothered with clicking on the advance bar attitude), folks who want chapters are even more lazy. I remember the days before remote controls for TVs and VCRs.

And if it isn't an actual ERROR it isn't a mistake. Remember what the theme of the thread is. Most have forgotten it seems. Common Mistakes made by fansubbers. So if it isn't spelling mistakes, translation mistakes, timing errors, too small a font to read, fonts that blend in with the background, etc... it doesn't belong in this thread. Quit putting preferences in a mistake thread basically.