View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 21:32   Link #28703
ndqanh_vn

I think the true concept behind Yasu's so called "loved" is teenager affection and idealization.. It's not true love no mater what she claimed. The idealization aspect is very strong in all three relationship. Both Kanon and Shanon talked about their love interest in the way that "they bright up our lives". They idealized Gẻogre and Jessica, to compensate for what Yasu could not have in her life.

But Geogre and Jessica are still "around" in Rockenjima. It's easier to fantasize and idealize a person far away. In her mind, Yasu fantasize and idealize Battler as her idealistic love, without making any attempt to understand Battler's real personality, real problems, or what he has been going through at that moment.

The Love Duel is a reflection of the inner working of that romantic, fantasy-driven poor girl/or boy. She must be a tragic heroine. The true love that has been nurtured for 6 years, seperated due to circumstances, it must win. It is like a play, a theatrical romance. It fits with the theatrical theme of ep 7 and of the pair Zepar, Fufur. That dramatical sense is a sign of her immature, her inability to grow out of her comfort cocoon of fantasy and idealistic love to face with real world.

Or maybe all was because I was suddenly reminded of Madame Bolvary. I'm sorry for making Yasu too much of a drama queen here. But she certainly calls for it, with all of her delusion.

On the other hand, I feel it strange that so many people was still around discussing. The guy is really suscessful in keeping people talk about his work. At least for some months after the final episodes is released.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote