View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 19:05   Link #35
Seiryuu

I'd recommend you steer clear of SaiKano if you're looking for stuff to get you out of feelings of despair. I still recall seeing it with the anime club at my old university, including a spot where the fansubbers added a blurb telling people that if they want "happy" to stop right there because all that was left was pain.
I can sympathize with what you said about infidelity, I've hit a few of those in adult and non-adult works and felt similar. At least in the non-adult ones the author doesn't seem to actually want to do this to the readers/viewers.

If you're ok with manga along with anime, I pretty much always recommend Bitter Virgin these days. It's a great romantic manga which deals with a gradually developing relationship. The guy doesn't ever "cheat" on the girl, but he does find himself officially "dating" another girl without a clue how that happened and no clue how to get away from someone who displays certain hints of potential yandere.
As far as other happy romance, there's Aishiteruze Baby, Hyouka, Stellvia, and others.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote