View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 14:28   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
As outsiders, we have to merely accept that about 50,000-100,000 very very strange people in Japan watch this show.
What, we can't be very very strange people too?
He even started his statement with "I read eroge habitually", too.

Anyway, I'll never understand the "I watch anime randomly simply because it's anime and then get annoyed that it isn't to my liking" crowd, and I guess I agree with Cosign's overall point. I personally spend day after day managing some very complicated business processes and politics, and like to think that I "actually have a brain". But at the end of a long day, I sure could use some upbeat sugary cuteness in order to help me relax and unwind. I guess other people go out drinking, head to clubs, get involved in sports (watching or playing), play violent video games, or whatever else they do... but pretty much everyone has something. There's certainly a place for deep, challenging, creative anime productions that push the boundaries of the medium. But I think that, at least for some people, there's a place for something like this too. And nobody really needs self-righteous bigots with inflated egos to tell them that the only plausible explanation for their enjoyment of a hobby is that they have something wrong in the head. It's just entertainment, and life's too short. Just live and let live.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled sugary-sweet RPG-parody romantic-comedy overload.