View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 14:22   Link #8842
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Maybe it was just a confusing translation.
Not really. If one goes back, Makarov got some information from 4th leader Macao about Fairy Tail's general movements during the last 7 years. The information might not have been as accruate as Gajeel's but it proves that Macao had been keeping tabs on Raven Tail at least to a degree.

@ kitten320
Wendy's primary role was that of a Cleric. Clerics naturally don't have many fight-worthy techs at their disposal since all of their magic is devoted to status buffs, healing, detoxifying, etc. She appeared even younger than Natsu and possible Gajeel when they were with their respective dragons so she just could have been too young to start the physical training of a DS when she was with Grandine. If Wendy was 12 when we got to her in the story, and the dragons were missing for 7 years prior to that, Wendy was only 5 when Grandine disappeared. Not a lot of time to forge a kickass Wind Dragon Slayer...

And with this 7 year time gap, Celia's undoubtedly gotten far more battle experience than Wendy has so she has a lot more applications of her Wind God Slayer Arts than Wendy does. Wendy's magic, even with 2nd Origin, is just enough to get her nearly par with Celia.

As for Celia turning crazy, or at least becoming slightly more psychotic, I think we can attribute it to the God Slayer Technique. I mean, look how crazy Zancrow was. On a scale, Zancrow was about as psycho as Natsu is hot-blooded. So using that, Celia's behavior is in relation to Wendy's disposition, it's about the same. If Wendy was slightly psycho, she'd act pretty much how Celia's acting now - the smile of an angel but the words of a demon.