View Single Post
Old 2007-03-16, 00:48   Link #79
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

That would all change if they'd do something I really truly want to see on my own time, but its just H-Game conversion announcement after Moe Comedy announcment. I think I'd appreciate their careful attention to detail that I myself have a fair bit of obsession with if they'd do a bit more action oriented series again, or something with political intrigue like Code Geass. As it stands though all I'm seeing is a company that takes already popular source material from dating sims and does its best to make it into a solid anime and that's just not enough to cut it for me right off the bat like it is for some other people. Maybe another Full Metal Panic would be enough to change my mind. I've yet to see the Second Raid, so I'll hold off a bit on the criticism until then. Except for this one. How Can You Fail To Succeed If You Don't Take Any Risks? Think about that one for a second.
Kyoto Animation takes source material and enhances them to horizons that even the original creator wouldn't have thought off. Of course, I might be a fanboy, but everything that Kyoto Animation has done from FMP Fumoffu up to Kanon 2006 has been highly enjoyable.

And who says Kyoto Animation doesn't produce original stuff? Munto OAV comes to mind, while it's only 2 50 minute episodes, the story in there looked pretty original to me (and the character designs came way before Haruhi).

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote