View Single Post
Old 2009-07-14, 23:46   Link #402
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raislin View Post
Alrighty, I just finished playing around with AviSynth and an anime raw for the first time. Cut out commercials, made some adjustments here and there. I've started my encode to h.264 and the length of the first pass is estimated at ~20 hours. I've no idea how long the second pass will take.

This is my first time doing more than what's automated in MeGUI in AviSynth. Does it typically increase the encode time this much? Thus far, I've typically just encoded my movies that I've backed up, without much AVS. I usually get great quality and the length of the encoding is about the same as what I'm experiencing now. But that's with feature length films, not a 24 minute anime.

Anyways, It's been a long time since I've done any encoding at all, and I'm diving into AVS this time as well as expanding what I know about the various x264 settings (which, admittedly, isn't nearly as much as I'd like) and trying not to bury myself in the process.

I hate it when I do this. I typed all of this out and now I forget where I was going with it. Anyway, is this encoding speed typical?
Did you pick absurdly slow settings, or are you encoding on a Pentium 2?
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote