View Single Post
Old 2004-09-08, 20:54   Link #51
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
No. You are assuming once again. Then I can say the Oro 'obviously' meant that if he were 10 years younger thing meant if he were that much younger in general. But guess what i'm more accurate for there is proof throughout the series. "Old Old Old" and also the "You couldn't defeat age" or the fact that in that flashback approximately "10!" years ago Oro ran away from the 3rd. And the fact when Enma was summoned that he said he should've killed him when he could at that moment "10!" years ago.
It's called context. They were speaking about the soul-pulling, why would he suddenly talk about anything else? Let me translate these sentances myself and I'll see how I get it:

Sarutobi: I've come this far... I've come all the way here... is it possible that my current strength itself isn't enough to pull out his soul? Can it be that this geezer's body isn't enough of a sacrifice?

Orochimaru-sama: If this was 10 years ago, you could have killed me now, couldn't you? *small laugh and pulls up sword*

It should be obvious that he doesn't mean "in this fight" but that it's context-based, "now" as in "with this freaking jutsu that is holding on to my soul and hurting like nothing else".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkan
Also the statement that he is the strongest hokage of all time isnt necessarily true at all.
Anbu translated it to
-He was said to be the strongest amongst the hokage.
bakasan translated it to
-People said he was the strongest of all the hokage.
If I recall correctly, the line was more like "he's said to be the strongest of all the current kage". The word "Hokage" isn't in there, "kage" was. I'm not gonna say anyone was wrong in this translation or anything, I'm far from perfect and won't say everyone else is wrong just because that's not how I would translate it, and I'm also taking this out of my memory and not checking an actual episode, but yeah I remember that being said at one point.

Quote:
If you take into account all the 'facts' then the 3rd in his prime should've been able to beat any ninja and also from the time of the flachback which was roughly when the 3rd was 60 or so, the 3rd could've definitely killed Oro without Oro having a chance of winning. That was approximately 10 years prior to the current time. So that age and befroe say about 30 years before that or whenever he was in his prime he should've been able to easily Kill Oro.
In those 10 years Orochimaru-sama has become a lot stronger, he most probably hasn't been doing a single thing that didn't make him stronger. He obviously joined up with Dawn and all those other things. Sure that Sarutobi would be stronger, but Orochimaru-sama grew far more than Sarutobi probably lost with age. You can say I'm assuming things here, but really I have as little to base this on as you do.

Quote:
It was cleary stated by even Oro himself. The 3rd even when not in his prime even if he were at least 15 or 10 years younger Oro had no chance.
Again I say, "when"?