View Single Post
Old 2010-12-21, 18:00   Link #347
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
What makes Gundam a "Gundam show" is the Gundam itself, of course. But you can still have a political/war drama with or without aliens. The ideologies shown in Gundam wouldn't really change whether you're fighting against humans or aliens. The aliens just act like another faction in this case. And you don't have to limit it to just humans vs aliens conflicts. You can have humans vs humans conflicts as well while still having the presence of aliens, whether it be as one or more of the subplots, or as the main plot altogether.

How exactly can you have a political drama with the unknown? I just don't see it. I don't see how a Gundam series with aliens can still be about war. It will simply be another giant mecha vs aliens series.. (Which we have enough of, btw)

But I'll like to keep an open mind on this subject. Just because I don't see how this works doesn't mean no one can actually make this work. So like I said, I'll try to keep an open mind.

Quote:
I agree, aliens being the focus of the 00 movie isn't exactly...spoilerish. It's fairly old and well known news.
Well obviously there are still people who don't know this. I know this forum has no rules about spoilers, but you might consider using spoiler tags when talking about plot points from the movie outside of the 00 movie thread.. Just out of respect for those who don't wanna get spoiled.. at least until the movie is released on DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Advanced human race is an illusion in Gundam though...
ehmm... Coordinators..? Newtypes?