Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-07, 17:49   Link #1364
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I had to fast-forward through the ending of this episode, and then I deleted it. The doctor is a disgusting, ugly, insensitive, idiotic scumbag. I didn't think before that he was this incompetent and unethical; he should be arrested. She was his wife; he should have just talked to her and observed her. She is still a person with rights. People were tried at the hague for this; relativism does not apply.
The doctor is just going through too much emotional stress with this massive shiki-vampire converting thing going around the village. Since he wanted to protect everyone in the village, he thought it would be best if he had atleast 1 "specimen" to work with. Sadly it was his wife, he felt a little blue about it, but dint really care, as long as he finds a way to fight against the vampires. When he saw his wife's face before he stuck the stake in her heart, it showed atleast some emotion in him, it also showed that he wanted to let her rest in peace, instead of suffer the cruel life of being a vampire.

As said in the episode, there are alot of vampires who don't hunt for food, and people have to be taken from the city, also those who disobey will be severely dealt with, Toshio probably dint want his wife to go through all that possibly? But that is a mere speculation.