Thread: Licensed Lovely Complex (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-22, 00:03   Link #87
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking Lovely Complex - First Impressions

Freshman Year Summer! I'll Definitely Find a Boyfriend!

I give thanks once again to Omniscient for introducing this title at his blog. The moment I saw the screencaps for episode the show hooked me up.

I won't be downloading RAWS for this series, but instead wait in due time the subs, since there's a lot of dialogue that I need to understand in order to get the jokes.

This is splash comedy at the peak of its gold. What I mean with splash comedy is that the viewer gets doused over and over with surprising feats of comedy stunts that one cannot stop to laugh on a similar manner when one enjoys the cool water being splashed at the face during those hot summer days.

I know by the content and the overly happy colors going along in the animation that this title is shoujo added with slice-of-life and comedy.

What I really enjoy the most about the comedy is the drama invested right before Risa or Otani or both are bombed with an explosive letdown just when they got all puppy-eyed and star-crossed daydreaming about their ideal person.

From watching the development going around Otani and Risa's friendly rivalry and teasing I can now formulate a plausible outcome for the ending, but I am reserving my comments until then.
Spoiler:

Gosh! I haven't this wacky joy and fun since KareKano.

The beginning exceeded my expectations light-years of distance. I enjoyed all of the jokes.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote