View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 14:44   Link #26
stray
Classic Yandere

American DVD industry on the whole is pretty awful about licensing music to keep costs down. Music heavy shows like Northern Exposure and WKRP in Cincinnati had basically all the music changed to generic dreck. IIRC even Married with Children didn't license the 'Love and Marriage' song for season releases past a point. Considering the anime industry on the whole is... in the crapper (Geneon, now maybe ADV, etc.) in R1 and what they'd have to compete with... Even if we ever saw an R1 Macross 7 it wouldn't have anything but new recordings of songs that sound absolutely nothing like Planet Dance or Totsugeki Love heart. Probably wouldn't even have a Japanese track. Not to mention the cost of either going to court with HG, or licensing the Macross TM. Hopefully Bandai Ent. will take HG to the house for Frontier, but considering whats been going on with BV USA, who knows. But then I have the M7 R2 remaster set, so whatever's clever.

I'd like to think that between Macross Frontier and the Robotech live action movie we're going to see things squared away no matter what within the next few years as far as Macross rights. If nothing else I can't really see Tobey Maguire being complacent about ignoring the Macross saga altogether, but you never know. I can still see the RT movie end up in the same limbo as the Halo movie.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote