View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 14:02   Link #1847
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Won't work. Most of the big FPS/RTS gaming market is either Halfway Redneck or pro-US (Korea, Philippines). Even if they did put it forth, the very fact that it won't sell will scare them off. On the other hand, they -might- get away with it if they make a small 'good' US faction available, just to appease US players. The old "it's the evil government, not us" angle.
Which is why I said I'm hoping the producers grow a set of balls. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of gamers out there who wouldn't mind being on the dark side for a change, but with all the 'look at how heroic we are' productions that keep getting churned out every single time (can we have a shooter in which we can't play the Americans for a change?) there's a mindset that seems to be screaming "America can't be evil!" even though any other country apparently can. RA3 took a nice step, but then they screwed it up in the Empire campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Heh. I finally managed to watch MS Igloo 2 Ep.2 and now I've got a thing for tanks. Heheheheh~~~
You too huh?

"Screw the Gundams. I've got tanks."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote