View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 18:51   Link #1
TempestGarden

Windows 7 (x64)/CCCP/Core AVC/WMP 12 playback problems...

I just recently bought a new computer and I am having some playback issues that I have never encountered before. My new machine is running Windows 7 (64 bit and SP1) and I recently installed the latest versions of CCCP (11/11/11) and Core AVC (3.0.1). Now, when I attempt to play anime using WMP 12 all I get is a black screen (sized to match resolution of file) with no video or audio playing. Oddly enough, when I attempt to play other .mkv files that are not anime related, I have no issues playing them at all. This only applies to anime related files.

I went ahead and tried the Media Player Classic (never had to use it before because WMP always worked for me with above codecs installed) and there were a few issues I had to figure out with the subtitles and all but it seems to be working for the most part. Although, I do get video playback that studders at times.

But, I would like to find out what the issue is with WMP 12 though because it is frustrating me to no end. On my previous computer I was running Vista (32 bit) with the above codecs and never had a single problem for years when playing the files in WMP 11.

Anybody have any ideas why I might be experiencing these issues? Does it have anything to do with Windows Media Center? I have un-installed and re-installed both CCCP and CoreAvc multiple times so I don't think that is the issue. This is my first 64 bit computer and already I am finding that the 32 bit system just seemed to work better with less problems.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.