View Single Post
Old 2021-07-29, 21:33   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I'm not saying "Should watch CCA first before Hathaway" though but "Watch CCA to understand Hathaway better".
I'm not necessarily talking about you but there are plenty of UC fans & even reviewers out there suggesting to newcomers to watch CCA on Netflix first before watching HF. I personally think it's a mistake and a real bad idea. I imagine plenty of newcomers will either 1) be put off by CCA due to its so-fast-pace story & wall-to-wall action and decided not to watch HF thinking they'll get more of the same or, 2) being excited after watching CCA's wall-to-wall action only to be disappointed by HF's lack of action quantity.

Either of those result can't be good for newcomers. Of course, there is a 3rd possibility that newcomers will just enjoy both CCA & HF and eat them all up but I think only those with very-open-mind will react that way.

Quote:
Live chat, despite mostly Korean audience, is a blast with memes like lolicon Char or Hathaway and Gyunei treated as example of bad simp (LOL), especially Hathaway after he killed Chen (which shocked several people coming from Hathaway Flash and Unicorn).
Yeah, Hathaway killing Chan was the absolute libido-driven dick move. Although, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the T-shaped Psychoframe & her death helped Chan to ascend to Newtype-relm helping Amuro pushing back Axis. Also, for all we know, Chan's T-frame is still flying in space looking over humanity, just like the Phenex .

Quote:
Watching CCA again after Hathaway Flash made me wanted to praise HF again as its precision made CCA looks like a prequel movie you never knew you wanted.
HF movie (at least this first one) is a the result of a dynamite duo of Yasuyuki Muto (Unicorn OVAs writer & Re:Rise savior) & Shouko Murase (Ergo Proxy, Argento Soma, Genocidal Organ, etc). So I knew they'd do a good job adapting the (first) novel. They even trim some unnecessary fluff like the tired (pun intended) car chase in the novel.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-11-13 at 22:28. Reason: I just realized that my 2nd line didn't make any grammatical sense. Fixed it
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote