View Single Post
Old 2009-08-28, 23:00   Link #39
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Koizumi has a certain degree of freedom that both of the above lack. He isn't bound by the future (Mikuru), and nor is he bound to simply observe (Yuki). It would be better, I think, if he focused less on a case-by-case basis, and more on the big picture of Haruhi's maturing as a person.
Koizumi is bound by the fact that any problem he doesn't prevent from occurring has to be dealt with twice: once directly and once in damage control in the closed spaces that were created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
True. As I said over on the Koizumi thread, though, I really don't think that losing a baseball game would, in and of itself, cause Haruhi to destroy the universe.
Except all three groups seem to believe that, and there's considerable evidence to back up the thought. Keep in mind that all three were worried about what was happening when Haruhi realized things weren't going her way. If the Data-whatever wasn't worried about what she was doing, Nagato wouldn't have been able to go along with Koizumi's suggestion of cheating their way to victory.

While we don't get as much from the time travelers, the fact that Mikuru was notified at the same time as the other two proves that she was also warned of what Haruhi was doing.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...