View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 04:54   Link #6
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
We'd need two polls. One is "which girl do you like best" and one is "which arc do you like best".

About "Which girl did you like best", it would be

1. Tsukasa (most intriguing character)
2. Ai (great stable and playful character)
3. Kaoru (hard not to like her)
4. Haruka (being with her would drive me nuts)
5. Rihoko (simple yet true)
6. Sae (googly-eyed senpai adoration is not my favorite theme)

About "Which arc did you like the best", my ranking would be

1. Tsukasa (by a wide, wide margin)
2. Haruka (quite entertaining and unusual)
3. Ai (slightly disappointing and bland imho)
4. Sae (executed well, even though I didn't like her much)
5. Kaoru (very bland, could have been much better)
6. Rihoko (poor girl got cruelly friendzoned)
Nice idea, I like how you prevent bias by ranking girl and arc separately. I like Sae, so i would swap her and Ai around*sorry Ai, I know you're cool,but your arc was not* =(

I love Haruka, but I pretty much have to agree, hands down, Tsukasa was the best arc for me also. Her double personality alone, was enough to set off a more interesting premise and opened up more opportunities for drama than any of the other heroines. I know the series is mostly a laid back slice of life romance. But, the extra drama and emotions from Tsukasa definitely spiced things up for me a bit. The other thing that made the arc enjoyable for me is that, it did not suffer the 3rd episode curse and there wasn't much pointless fillers. Unlike some other arcs, It stayed pretty focused on the main couple without the distractions of other characters, whom take up an obscure of screen time sometimes =.=.

The arc also has one of the best, if not the best incarnation of Juinichi, agreed? Dude, really went out his way to get his girl back. I applaud for him straight out taking the initiative this time. Even if it means to take a punch in the face and knee in the guts, i think was worthwhile for what happened after.

Plus, I'm a total sucker for "10 years later...." epilogues. It just makes the story more satisfying in the end.

O yea, how can I forget lovely Haruka's contribution too. She totally outdid herself and got an upgrade which was an even steamer outfit than what she had back in Kaoru's arc.