View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 01:40   Link #103
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Death View Post
Well, Okarin's first time leap is optional anyway(if you phone Mayuri at that point it starts off on the one where she gets hit by a car just like the anime did)
True enough. I thought they could have left it in for a bit more realism though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Death View Post
One thing I wondered about the whole people living and dying thing...

...how about another question. How come at the end of Luca's route, they can just continue living their life happily without having to worry about SERN, without taking any further measures to stop them? Well I know I should be forgiving since it's just a little optional route ending, but that's kind of weird. Every other route at least provided an explanation.
You're very much wondering about the same thing many other Japanese players did and these were covered in the official materials artbook Q & A.

Quote:
Q23 If the conservation of time meant Mayuri’s fate is fixed, why wasn’t Feyris’ father fixed too?

A. Due to the big " Millenium Bug" event, it is not pre-determined whether he dies or not in the branching timeline.
So in other words, this "conservation of time" rule means that all deaths and events are tied to one major event and will always occurr one way or another unless the bigger, more significant event is changed and they have shifted outside of the attractor field of one timeline.

And I can't remember what the exact answer was since I don't have the book on me but the dystopia still occurs in Ruka's ending just that they don't want to ruin a happy ending, lol...

The two of them live on with guilt knowing they could have saved Mayuri but they were also willing to spend what little time there was left together before the dystopia... Love is selfish.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote