View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 02:17   Link #2385
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm not really sure what to say just Yoshino is kind of bleh again in episode 06 with how he writes the characters around whatever cool thing he wants to happen each week. If I had to describe the arc of the episode it's really just more of the same repetition of Shu is a bitch, Inori tries to help him get into the fight but maybe not really (is she using him or what? It seemed like she might have had a change of heart this episode but who knows with this character so far since she's so inexpressive except when doing the cooing to Shu she does sometimes in that Void zone), Gai is a bad leader but the one who has to do it for whatever reason and just punches stuff (this episode was teasing at something to do with the characters back story, but I guess that'll have to wait, but I bet it's insane somehow), and GHQ is mean and wants to kill all humans or at least Japanese ones and Funeral Parlor has to do something to stop them. Basically just been the same plot six times now and then at the end because Inori is hawt and possibly pretends to care about him Shu powers up with the Void power of the week and saves the day, only this time like with Gai there's a hint at her possibly being something else than she appears to be. There's a story within a story to be told here I'm sensing, but I'm just not sure if it's going to be intriguing with Yoshino at the helm.

If I had to pinpoint this shows main problem for me right now it's that it's incredibly thin and shallow in just about every area from the characters, to the plotting, but especially in the exposition of it all. There's needs to be some serious tension in here somewhere too I think. Everything is just presented in a pretty cheezy manner with no real drive behind it in any of the things the characters are doing. It doesn't feel like the characters really have any interest in what's going on, they're just kind of doing things. So yeah just a popcorn show at the quarter mark. Maybe once they finally get around to the characters back story things will get more involving and the characters will have some meaningful connection between one another but today was not that episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote