View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 05:37   Link #1033
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
For some reason, that description reminds me of Fate/stay night. Y'know, with the epic battles, great art and awesome plot. And whatnot.

Hmm.. now that I think about it... it does. ^_^;
The depth in story design and setting is good, but not FSN good. It just doesn't have the meticulously woven setting found only in the Nasu universe.

Comparisons aside, there are plenty of similarities with FSN as with any other action oriented game (eg. Ayakashi, Gekkou no Carnavale, Muvluv Alternative, Princess Waltz). Epic fights, heroic characters, good vs. evil. Elements that work in creating an characters that we love to root for and antogonists that we despise (though sercretly admire). There has been a drought of high quality titles lately, so in a way Shirogane no Soleil is an oasis for me. ヽ(´ー`)ノ 

Quote:
Or maybe it's also because I've been focusing too much on the loli characters whenever I see an anime/manga/eroge.

Oh no.
なかま! なかま! ヽ(´ー`)ノ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
Hm. Reminds me of Chrno Crusade more than anything.

In any event, you have sparked my interest and now I have to check it out for myself.
Damn this dialup preventing me from easily getting game demos...

Wait, is Youtube dialup friendly? *puzzled*

Most of the animation used in the OP is of actual events/battles in game. Now that I think about it, the game engine they use for animation is really impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Hey, remember when someone posted this picture in the Anime Identification thread thinking it had to do with 5 Centimeters per Second?

Spoiler:

Well it's actually from a H game by Purple Software. Aruto (or Alto). Very nice artwork and a bittersweet story.
One of my favorites from Purplesoftware. Their work reminds me much of Shinkai's collaboration with Minori, but with more moe ^^~

I really recommend their latest project, Primitive Link. I've only played the demo and it really is a visually impressive game combining dynamic camera movement, CG, and widescreen goodness. I'll be getting that once I finish with Shirogane no Soleil and Katahane.

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-04-10 at 01:26.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote