Thread: Tower of God
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 02:44   Link #112
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Can you really call them twists in Air Gear? Its more like the author just randomly decided "let's make it that way!" when he woke up to write it. That doesn't even count as a twist in my book.

To have that compared to TOG makes me sad
Come on, TOG has a lot of flashback that is kinda misleading too. The difference between SIU and Oh Great is that SIU plan to use that twist from the beginning while Oh Great! just does whatever he wants.

The prologue of TOG season 2 is kinda misleading. The things left unexplained with be explained later, but looking at how Wangnan is now, I suppose it won't make much sense why we have him as the cover guy instead of Viole. And well, both main leads are shrouded in mystery that I have no idea off.

I know it's a huge mistake to compare SIU to Oh Great! since SIU seems to plan the whole thing from the beginning with hints on various scenes (which of course, will be a mystery until SIU decided to use the twist and explain it) while Oh Great! adds whatever he wants.

And that's why I call SIU the biggest troll ever. He plan the whole development in advanced before start publishing his series online, then slowly explain things and terms that we can never know beforehand since it's his fictional world, not even based on ours, as well as many gags and parodies from other series. Every characters are so suspicious and that's probably why you all say they're interesting since Baam's only goal is so clear.

I kinda admire that but you all said it's boring, while I don't see the point of climbing the tower since even rankers aren't omnipotent and we have no idea what they actually want to acquire on the top, at least they can never become king since there is Zahard, they can never marry Zahard's princess since it's prohibited, they can never become the richest since the Ten Families wouldn't want that, they can never become equal to the family heads since it's just impossible etc. the whole thing about the top of the tower exist everything is really unclear since, there are so many things they have to give up while climbing and I can't see people getting resurrected from death either.

Remember how Baam said to Yu Hansung that without Lahel, climbing to the top is kinda meaningless, Yu hansung just smiled, and Baam got betrayed by Lahel after that... But Baam is very right though. The thing about getting everything they want at the top is clearly a farce since the people who climb the tower seem to change their initial wish. This is a foreshadowing from SIU of what all regulars will become...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote