View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 15:59   Link #336
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
If mobs do still respawn that doesn't change Kirito's fast thinking and great decision making skills and the courage to act on it but I feel it makes him a bit more reckless
I don't disagree that it's a bit reckless to just run off without any help. But he was a beta tester so he already knows a lot about the game.

I'm assuming that part of the reason he wants to head to the first village first is not just due to being able to level faster. Lets say the village had some quest in the beta that was kill X monsters to complete the quest. If you get there and there are no other players there yet, killing X monsters will be a lot easier than when 500 people show up and decimate the spawns. It would be harder that you could get swarmed, but you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to meet the quest quota in a reasonable amount of time which is what's probably going to happen if he stayed in the starting city and took quests from there.

In most of the MMOs I've played, there's usually a type of quest to kill some rareish (single spawn) mob for a decent reward. It's something you can take on solo, but there are dozens of other people trying to do the same thing and party sizes are limited to 5 some players, so generally speaking there's some queue for killing it. If SAO has similar quests, being able to clear them before other people arrive will let you progress faster than anyone who has to wait.