View Single Post
Old 2013-07-14, 02:44   Link #169
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Not sure how I feel about this...

I read a few chapters of this new anime's manga, and it's like 75% more drama and 50% less interesting compared to Rozen Maiden's first series...

Think I'll watch a few more episodes before I make my decision.
Just for the sake of clarification: the 2002 Rozen Maiden manga from Peach-Pit came first.
The 2004 first season of the anime (as awesome as it was) deviated quite a bit from the original concept, and the 2005 Rozen Maiden: Träumend anime deviated significantly more.
Seeing as the anime grew in popularity, you could say that it was starting to overshadow the original manga, which was a product of Peach-Pit; furthermore the alterations made the anime so different that it would be impossible to make a third season and stay true to Peach-Pit's concept.
That being said, the new 2013 anime had to revert back to the original manga's story; but, as there have already been two seasons of anime, it wouldn't be fair to people that had seen the anime but hadn't read the manga, so the first episode is a quick recap of the manga from volumes 1-7.
Now, could they have done a better job? Yes!!
But only if they had stretched the recap into 2-4 episodes, or made it into a movie; the later of which would have cost a lot more, and the likelihood of a new season/series would have disappeared, where the former would have eaten up precious episode space for the new series.
I have followed the series since the first season, I've seen every episode and have read every chapter; a lot of the reason why this new series is being made is do to the existing fans wanting more from the series.
If anyone is not familiar with the series and the first episode didn't explain it enough, go out and read the manga, or watch the 2004 series; that information already exists, so it's not necessary for them to retell everything, as that just takes up episode space.
My advice in regards to the new series, is to consider episode 1 as episode 0, it is not the starting point of this series, the actual first episode is 2.

Also, chaos_animagic, I just wanted to add that the total of what I just wrote up is not directed towards your post.