Thread: Crunchyroll Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 12:27   Link #90
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I can certainly agree with the "strikes the right chord" assessment of the show. There isn't much that stands out about the series, but i think simplicity might well be its strength - a simple, lighthearted story that's easy to follow, easy to digest and easy to consume.
That's pretty much my assessment of the series as well. It's so unremarkable that it's actually sort of refreshing. It's certainly not overstepping its bound, at least. Aside from being very typical, there's little else to complain about. The character designs are nice, it is, as you pointed out, very easy to sit through, and there's even some original jokes thrown in here and there.

I love the setting as well, small country-side towns are among my favorite settings. They allow for such... tranquility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
My only real complaint would be the overly moe-fied little brother ... that's one thing of the story i wouldn't mind go missing, but that is unlikely to become the case, seeing how much Kazuma is centered on him ... i bet he would abandon his date in the middle of things and came running home if his brother as much as developed a slight case of running nose
While I don't have as much of an issue with this as others seem to, I can agree in essence with that you're saying. The little brother is a drain on the series. If he's going to act, sound and look female, just go all in and make him a girl instead.