View Single Post
Old 2010-04-28, 16:01   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
I must admit, I loved this episode. Perfect slice-of-life fun. I adore stuff like this for the same reason I read Enid Blyton books - it's like spending a pleasant, innocent evening with friends. The whole pillow fight scene, and Ritsu saying stupid stuff to make them laugh, had me grinning from groin to sternum. I'm sure people will complain, but as far as I'm concerned, complexity and cynicism can take a break for 25 minutes a week.

The next episode looks interesting, being the "other half" of today's events. Azunyan, Ui and Jun walking around an empty school? Yep, Enid Blyton would definitely have been proud. Although on her watch, the girls probably would've eaten a lot more fried rice.
The Blyton books didn't catch on nearly as well in the States (though I recall reading one or two in the library when I was young)... there was a series called the Bobbsey Twins that was fairly popular (about 4 siblings - two sets of fraternal twins) ... just childhood daily life. As a young Texas child, I was rather fascinated by these characters who said "shan't" in daily conversation.

The pillow fight was obviously one of our little princess Mugi's Big Goals in Life.