View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 00:53   Link #97
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, which would be perfectly fine (certainly in the game design phase), if not for the new "condition" imposed post-launch. As it stands, you can't really call that "fair" -- the creator may have "intended for it to be beaten/cleared", but without the possibility of information getting out, it's basically rolling the dice to see if the next group that tries is smart and strong enough to win, and if not you've just lot a whole ton of your best players. One might hope that "Cardinal" would adjust the game balance at some point (as it was implied to be doing in the last episode) if it sees that it's just too unreasonable (because too much attrition now makes it harder to clear the rest of the game).
For me atleast, the "condition" imposed post-launch I would consider already "unreasonable," so for me, I would adjust what I consider to be reasonable and unreasonable to the situation I'm in. To me in this situation, what would be "unreasonable" would be a boss that hits everyone with a wide AoE attack that reduces everyone to 1 HP and paralyzes (wait I think I've fought that before in a game.)

I would think this boss would have some major/minor weakness, some flaw, even if it's a little one, that would allow you to over come it. Someone said before that every 25th floor boss was horridly stronger then all the ones before it (and probably the first few after it.) From the sounds of it (Dont know what happend during each fight,) it seems like each of those bosses would be a Threshold boss, a boss that requires a lot more then just throwing man power at it. It would seem Kayaba designed this boss so that only those with the ability to think quickly, very quickly, and adapt would be able to defeat it, therefore, would probably be able to reach floor 100. I dont know, maybe I'm being unreasonable with my expectations.

Speaking of weaknesses, thinking back to episode three, where Kirito was with the Black Cats of the Full Moon, didnt he cut off a giant mantis' scythe arm? Looking at his boss, he only seems to have 1 offensive, but very dangerous ability, his 2 frontal Scythes. The rest of his body just looks like bone and legs, not only that it doesnt seem like he attacks with his legs either. If they were to cut off those arms, I think this boss would be well, easy.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote