Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
You will be punished for angering the shrine god
Giving Oyashiro-sama a cream bun will do the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
[I]

anyways, it was not leaving for the funeral that caused K1 to develop the symptoms, but rather the large amounts of stress that he was undegoing after the Watangashi festival. Eryops brought up an interesting point earlier that many residents of Hinamizawa which left and came back did not fall to the symptoms such as Rena's mother. Therefore, one would only develop the symptoms when they are under high amounts of stress or become paranoid.

Hinamizawa disease was actually explained in the anime, but I had forgotten all about that (which is why I'm re-wathching the series again).

And yes, the parallel universes that K1 and friends encounter in the new arc are created using Hanyuu's power after Rika is killed in some form or another. From watching Kai, the events seem to play out in the same fashion, although sometimes there are minor differences. For example, Satoko's uncle sometimes returns to Hinamizawa causing a Tatarigoroshi/ Minagoroshi-hen scenario. K1 always seems to transefer in every arc, so it would seem likely that he attended the funeral.

Spoiler for higurashi manga:

Therefore we can assume that K1 attends the funeral in every arc but only becomes paranoid and murders Rena and Mion in Onikakushi. Since the events in the other arcs are slightly different (Shion and Teppei Hojou comming to Hinamizawa in their repsective arcs) the outcomes are also different.

hopefully this makes some sense... and this thread has become more like a general discussion for the entire series and not episode 4
Hey you didnt have to bring all that, Im also a Fan of the series so I knew all that, I brought the funeral thing because in the series its explained that most of the events always happen, but since somethings can change like the death of Akasaka's wife, Satokos Uncle going to Hinamizawa, or some other events thought maybe the funeral thing may change, anyway thanks for all the explanation now I understand everything or almost everything.

Also I asked the funeral question since he is supposed to go after moving to hinamizawa if im not mistaken 2 or 3 weeks later he goes to the funeral.