Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-25, 15:44   Link #493
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If Pyra genuinely likes Jaune and isn't just interested in his supposed potential then I'd have to wonder why. What exactly does she see in him otherwise?
He's tall, not ugly, not fat, and blond. What more could a seventeen year old girl want? Brains? Not necessary. Trying to figure out what girls see in guys (or what guys see in girls) is a futile occupation.

Quote:
If she actually has a thing for dorky guys then fair enough, but I can't help but think that there's some sort of hidden past between the two.
Methinks you've been watching too many Japanese harem anime romcoms that have at least one (if not more) childhood friend that the dorky MC has forgotten all about. Gosh, golly, gee whiz, I hope that this does not turn out to be the case here with Pyrrah and Jaune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
Hmm you just made me start to think that maybe Phyrra was ordered to pick up
the young man....
By whom? The Professor? Or maybe his family has sent him off to this school to get rid of him for four years, but has also hired her secretly to make sure he actually survives?

The thing is, like Nora, we don't know anything about Jaune's fighting abilities. He may be a complete klutz with his sword, or, in the face of danger, he may turn out to be a class act. We just don't know, yet. It wouldn't be the first time that an otherwise dorky idiot type guy turned out to be an amazing fighter, plus getting all the girls in the end (Photon the Idiot being the classic example).
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote