View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 08:34   Link #87
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
When MSG was made, the show was made using the animating abilities they had available to them. How in the world can one expect people to make 2002-quality animation back in 1979? So all this talk the CE fanboys make of original Gundam having bad animation fails, because it was good animation back when it was made.
My point is that, if someone were to dislike a show because he didn't like the way it looked, how would it being old make it look better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Help it or not, it doesn't change the fact that viewing a 30-year-old anime from a modern viewpoint is fundamentally and completely flawed any way you slice it. It's solely the fault of those with the inability to understand such a simple point.
The issue is, you're not very likely to go out of your way to play games like Netrek and Pong; and the fact that they were the very best computer games when they were made won't make any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45
@ 4Tran You be surpriesed how many customers at work just look at the back of the dvd case and make judgments by the screenshots.
Why would I be surprised? Most casual viewers won't do any research on anime before they buy, so they won't have much to go on besides the DVD case. In this case though, the DVD case is entirely equivalent to the book cover, so such a judgement is premature. It'd be a different scenario if they make the same judgement after watching the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
Yeah we should. If thats how your going to judge an anime, then you ARE stupid. Thats my honest opinion.
But why? Calling someone "stupid" is quite a bit stronger than personal taste, so do you have a reason for doing so?