View Single Post
Old 2014-01-04, 11:45   Link #2439
artesox

I'm not a fan of the idea of an studio doing the same set of things and staying on a "comfort zone", each work is its own thing, if it didn't work well this time then a new work might bring a new opportunity to do it right.

KnK might have been a collection of mistakes, but i feel like those mistakes were mostly mundane mistakes, small things that together messed up the whole work, small things that could have easily been fixed. Really, those moments on episode 4, 10 and 11 were things work well were really nice.

If they learn with KnK's mistakes their next fantasy works might turn out well, I think the one main error on KnK was its setting, it was not fit for a one cour show, and actually I'm quite interested in seeing they adapt Coppelia and Myriad because both of them seems to be more "feets on the ground" fantasies that would probably not suffer from the same problems KnK's setting had.

Oh yes, I would like a little light on one issue: why people make such a big deal of everything Kyoto Animation does? I don't quite get it, there are some reactions to KyoAni that I don't observe on any other studio, for example, I never saw people saying that x studio should never do y genre again because one of their works didn't go well.