View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 22:07   Link #24
turok
[TTZ] Moderate Encoder
*Fansubber

Location: In the Turokzone. Next door are heaven, hell, and 4chan.org (purgatory)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Again, why couldn't Negima adaptations have been like this from the beginning? As with Ala Alba, Shaft have found the right mix by loyally sticking mostly to the source material. The production quality is excellent, and the fight scenes some of the best in any Negima adaptation so far. This is a great manga arc and I look forward to seeing it brought to life - I only wish it were a weekly series and not an OVA.
Blame it on Shaft but mostly Kodansha as they are afraid of making those kind of decisions as they aren't aware of the amount of success Negima would bring as a tv series and that they are being precarious due to the "economic crisis" (please...)

Personally I'd petition for a tv series but Kodansha don't really listen to us fans these days. The movie adaptation they are going to do was solely because of the amount of "decent" sales Negima Ala Alba got as well as the Current Ova which is well received since the release not ten days back. Let's hope that more people join the Bandwagon of Negima as we head towards the trail of increasing the fanbase Negima has. Hope that Kodansha gets smart and start contemplating a tv series after (hopefully) the rest of Mou Hitotsu no Sekai ovas gets continued thumbs up as well as the upcoming movie.

But most importantly: convince Kodansha that negima is a "risk" worth taking.

That's my take on the matter.