View Single Post
Old 2011-01-09, 21:53   Link #1479
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Because series are boring and characters are 2 dimensional and not interesting...

I had written many big posts about it so I won't go into details again.

I had almost fallen asleep several times and humour they used was not funny... also explanations were like quates from encyclopedias what is not that exciting

If Haruhi series were a psycological thriller like the movie, it would do SO much better than as a comedy.

And I seriously can't stand selfish Haruhi. The only characters I care for are Kyon and Asakura... after movie, started to care for Nagato a bit more.
But even they don't get me hyped enough, Asakura is the only exception.
You have a point, Like some of the fans or viewer are VERY confused about the second season... The series of "Endless Eight" episodes, therefore, are literally portraying the SAME EVENTS over and over again. One episode: phone call, swimming pool, festival, cicada catching, part-time job, stargazing, going to bed without finishing homework. Next episode: phone call, swimming pool, festival, cicada catching, part-time job, stargazing, going to bed without finishing homework. Seven whole episodes so far of the SAME EVENTS.

However, it's not just a lazy rerun of the same material. The producers are actually re-animating and re-dubbing the whole thing, over and over, with subtle differences in details, angles, outfits, etc. Fans can't understand why they're putting so much effort in something that is being received so negatively, and wasting precious episodes of the new season. Some have dropped the show completely. They say it's "EPIC troll." Others say it's pure innovative genius.

Why is it, really? Because Haruhi is crazy. That's what she's famous for. They're doing daring things to stir up the popularity (and hopefully build tension toward what the much-awaited main storyline of Season 2 will be). See? Even you're asking about it and being introduced to it - which means people are talking about it and the hype is working. xD

Since it's called "Endless Eight" and next week's installment will be the eighth, people are expecting the next to finally be the conclusion of the story arc... But of course, that's not a guarantee.

It's undoubtedly aggravating, and yet I for one am still quite entertained and amused by the whole thing. In fact, the annoying repetition kind of has a purpose. In the show, time has repeated a whopping 15,527 times, and Yuki Nagato is the only character who actually REMEMBERS it all consciously. Poor Nagato...

...But I really really like Haruhi 'Cuz I'm a otakin of her.

---------------

I have bunch of Haruhi's bookmark, ballpen, and posters whenever I go to an Anime event..

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-09 at 22:04.