View Single Post
Old 2011-08-22, 01:14   Link #76
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Your hypothesis is interesting : that could mean that, knowing Kurisu was dead and that they need her to build the timemachine (how could they know ?) they send someone themselves to save her..... the question is how ? They should not be able to do that yet ! And if Kurisu doesn't build the time machine, they will never be able to !
I am 95% sure that the primary reason why Kurisu doesn't get stabbed is because SERN detected the first D-mail. In regards to your "how" then... here are two possibilities:

1. Following the timeline, on July 23rd (5 days before Kurisu is stabbed), a D-mail appeared on Daru's phone, and thus triggered SERN's detection. SERN tracks down and does some things behind Okarin/Kurisu's back within 5 days that somehow thwarts the assassin's attempt.

2. Here's a more interesting possibility. The moment SERN detected the D-mail, the assassin is predetermined to no longer appear. What I'm thinking of is this (thanks to Marina2's last question for tipping me into this madness ): the beta timeline where Kurisu is killed and therefore there is no dystopia is because of the death of Kurisu. This is a question of predetermation: future Suzuha is sent to the past to kill Makise Kurisu because her death is predetermined so that her future will be bright. Normally, this goes against Steins;Gate's time travel modus operandi (which has been, so far, parallel universe-based), but the mention of physical time travel I think makes this a possible, if somewhat tenuous, answer, since it might operate under a different system. Following this logic then, the reason why Kurisu doesn't die in the alpha timeline is because SERN's detection of the microwave created a future where Suzuha's mission is changed (why her mission changed... my theory is so wild I can't even properly put it into words).

Speculating about S;G is so fun.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2011-08-22 at 12:13. Reason: beta <--> alpha