View Single Post
Old 2007-01-20, 08:43   Link #808
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Actually, this isn't about the desperation of the 11s.
It certainly is to most of the people that are fighting to liberate Japan and to those that support them. Why would they be risking their lives if they weren't desperate to break free from the strangle hold that Britannia has them in?

Quote:
There really hasn't been a straight shootout in a battlefield for decades, because it is an outdated tactic.
By "straight shootout", I meant people fighting people, mechs fighting mechs, where they only used gunfire and small explosives that were just big enough to kill each other, and didn't resort to any tactics like landslides and big explosions to take out big chunks of each other's forces. I didn't mean oldschool wars where one side stood on one side of the battlefield and the other side stood on the other side of the battlefield and they clashed. I thought that was obvious.

Quote:
The point being, neither the Black Knights nor the Brittanian military have a problem with using tricks. They fought to defeat each other, not because they somehow feel they are themselves morally superior.
You don't think that this is a moral battle? The Japanese feel that Britannia is wrong to have invaded their nation and surpressed their culture and treated their people like disposable pieces of garbage. That's why they fight. Lelouch feels Britannia is wrong to surpress the weak like they do. After all, where would that leave people like his sister, who were put into terrible situations that forced them into weak bodies? Who have no choice but to be weak? Further more, he feels that he was wronged as well. They killed his mother, and used him and his sister as tools, and as far as he's concerned, they had no right to do that.

Britannia may just be trying to force their superiority on others, but this is definitely a morale battle for those that are fighting against Britannia. Hell, it might even be a kind of twisted morale battle for the Britannians. Think caste philosophy, with an iron fisted peace-by-force philosophy mixed in. Even if its miserable for the people on the bottom, it encourages a kind of stability... a place for everything, and everything in its place. How much you want to bet that the Britannians are Hindu?

Quote:
Suzaku's views that he was out there dispensing justice is not shared by even people on his own side. Lloid certainly find Suzaku's sense of justice amusing, but silly.
I really hope that Suzaku dies... he needs to. Its time that the smarter anime directors start taking shots at the "honorable tactics will always overcome practical tactics" cliche that so many directors use.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote